Friday, April 29, 2016

A walk on the beach


Chris and I headed up to the north end of the island to walk on the beach. Very cool location with lots of driftwood, rocks, barnacles, and a huge stump that had washed ashore.

Walking around the "root" end of the stump, there were all these nooks and crannies where rocks had lodged. Whether the rocks were there as a result of storm and wave action, or had been nudged in place by various artistic souls as they walked past, I can't say for sure.

What I CAN say is that it looked great! We were there around noon on a sunny day, so the lighting was less than ideal. One small part of the rock-encrusted stump was in shade, however, so that's the section I concentrated on.

Both of these are cellphone shots, and they look surprisingly good to me.

Next time? I set out on an overcast day, armed with tripod and reflector, and see what else I can do here.

Chris added a few more rocks to the mix before we left.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!