Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Recent work: "Principles of Accounting"

I created this a week or so ago and uploaded it to Fine Art America. Will it sell? I never know any more! I just keep making things and putting them out there.

This one is a combination of 1937 Japanese ledger paper and a monoprint I made using acrylic paint. What I think is cool is how I made some of the background calligraphy white, a reverse of the black foreground characters. The color palette, too, is rather different for me.

Having fun here in Washington state, where the rhododendrons are coming into full bloom, the grass is green, and the air is fresh and cool.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!