Friday, April 15, 2016

Latest work: "Remains Unsaid"

Rummaging through my more recent boatyard photos, I came upon one I'd taken of peeling letters on a sign. The stick-on letters were all peeling inward and I just liked them. Click.

I found a couple of other shots I'd taken that day, combined them, and ended up with this image.

My routine, when I create photomontages, is to save the image and all its layers, so that if I decide I want to change anything, all the layers are there for me to work on. Then I flatten the image and save it under a different name.

Alas, sleep-deprived and awake way too early this morning, when I went to save the image and all its various layers, I clicked "Save" rather than "Save As," remembering too late I had already flattened the image, so all those layers are gone, leaving just this. Not the end of the world. Just stupid!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!