Thursday, April 7, 2016

Latest work: "Winter Tree"


Whenever I create something, I usually think a) nope, this isn’t quite “there” yet, or b) this is crap, don’t show it to anybody, but keep it because I think it has potential, or c) yes, this is good, or, preferably, d) yes, this one’s solidly good. Option d) is always the preferable one, of course, and that’s the case with this image.

I get a solid “yes.” A definite “yes.”

I began making this image back in November of last year. Although a simple picture, it didn’t come together quickly, and it’s been in my “Works In Progress” file, waiting for a bit of inspiration. Which arrived yesterday. A few tweaks and boom, done, and uploaded to Fine Art America.

So I show it to you here today. You may not agree with my “yes” feeling, and that’s okay. The main thing is that it resonates with me, the artist, as well as with Chris. It looks best when you see it large on FAA. I’ve left it as large as I can here in the blog, but man, it looks great on the FAA site! The subtleties get lost in a thumbnail.

Wishing you a solid “yes” sort of day today. Oh, and here’s a shout-out to neighbor Shirley in Bend, Oregon. Wishing you a fine day today, madam.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!