Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Walking Crow

I created this image back in 2010 but wasn’t quite satisfied with it. And, poor guy, he’s been completely overlooked all these years until this morning, when I rediscovered him and decided to re-work the image.

(And thank you, Jan Hagan, for recommending the Nik filters. They are making a big difference in what I'm doing.)

There are lots of torn papers, images of old papers, a reflection of a fishing boat (!), a hand-painted number “4,” which is impossible to see, and some hand-painted squares over there on the left.

I like the really aged feeling of the background and how the crow stands out so well against it.

So glad I rediscovered him. And saw him with new eyes.

 ©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!