Friday, May 20, 2016

Bold bits of color


Remember slides and light tables? Such a great way to see an overview of one's work, to immediately spot images that work well together, and to quickly pick out the keepers and the losers.

That's sort of what using Bridge in Photoshop does for me now with my digital images. So when I was thinking about today's blog post, and went to the potpourri of images I have in my "May" directory, these two stood out immediately because their blue and red colors were remarkably similar.

A blue buoy looks great against a bright red fishing boat in Anacortes, Washington. And a red-rimmed taillight echoes that blue/red color scheme on a vehicle here in Coupeville.

What's my point? I don't have one, really, except to show you the nice little surprises you might find in your own stash of photos once you become more aware of colors and color combinations.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!