Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Around the house: kitchen art

When I was conducting online photography classes, one of the assignments I offered was "Kitchen Art." Like most of my assignments, it was primarily about seeing rather than technique. Anyone can learn technique. Not everyone can see.

So when I saw this tea kettle on the burner, I was struck by its rounded forms and the way it sat so starkly against the back wall.

And now that I see it here, I know exactly how I'm going to approach it again. And again. There's a lot here to work with that might not be apparent at first. So yeah, you're going to see this kettle a number of times in the near future.

Taken with an iPhone 6+ and modified with Topaz Simplify 4.

 ©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!