Saturday, February 25, 2017

Latest work: "One Off the Counter"

As I work making physical collages, I clean my brushes, experiment with various elements, paint, write, etc. on the paper that protects my counter.

When the paper gets too messy, I take it off and replace it with new paper. I don’t throw the messy paper out, however, because there’s often cool stuff on it that I can tear up and use in the next collage.

This is an example of what I saved while making a handmade book. I’ve tweaked it a bit in Photoshop, but basically it remains true to the original.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.