Sunday, October 8, 2017

From color to black and white (part 5 of 7)


There's a challenge going around in my corner of Facebook at the moment where someone challenges someone else to create one black and white image a day and to post it on Facebook. The "rules" are "no people and no explanation." Well, here's the explanation.

I fell in love with this cellphone app and used it a lot before it died, and the creator never updated it. Alas.

The beauty of the app was how it created a watercolor-ish appearance to the subject matter, a sort of painterly look that was soft and textural.

I would walk around the house with the cellphone, just searching for something to shoot.

My Oregon neighbor Juanita gave me this fishing net float, made of soft green glass. It sits in a powder room window, next to a sea-glass aqua bottle, a bottle that has feathers in it.

In hindsight, maybe I should have removed the bottle to the right of the float, but I do like the mystery of it.

The scene looks good in black and white as well as the sepia. Can't decide between the two which one I prefer, but I'm leaning toward the sepia version.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.