Friday, October 6, 2017

From color to black and white (part 3 of 7)


There's a challenge going around in my corner of Facebook at the moment where someone challenges someone else to create one black and white image a day and to post it on Facebook. The "rules" are "no people and no explanation."

This is one of my favorite photographs. We were in a Chinese restaurant, waiting for our food to arrive, so naturally I took out the cellphone to find something to shoot.

At the time, I was enamored of a particular app (alas, it's no longer available, no longer works) and was delighted to see the textured sepia image it created. I was equally delighted to see how well the image works in black and white.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.