Thursday, March 6, 2014

Waiting for a muse to amuse me . . .



As you know, I've been bitching about how my art seems to have stalled, that I don't think I'm producing extraordinary work these days. But I am undaunted! I press on nevertheless. And so here you see three postcards I've made in the past couple of days.

Are they wonderful? Brilliant? The best I've ever done? Nah. But I will get nowhere if I just sit and bemoan my lack of creativity. So I keep on keeping on, hoping that my "muse" (and boy, I do not like that word, it is so overused, so overdone, so woo-woo) will see that yup, I'm still working, waiting for that tap on the shoulder.

And not just a tap. Rather a full-on wand with lots of twinkly little lights and glitter and pixie dust...

©Carol Leigh, hoping my muse looks a lot like Antonio Banderas!