Monday, September 10, 2018

Recent work: "Canyon Walls"


This picture began as a vertical image and I started with stripes, working from right to left. It was when I placed the far left stripe that I saw a landscape of sorts.

From there it was a no-brainer. Rotate the picture 90 degrees counter-clockwise so that what was originally the far left stripe now becomes my base.

I like the overall warm colors and how the complementary bluish elements at the bottom are just the opposite -- cool colors.

Gotta say, the process often feels simply magical, how everything goes together.

I also cropped the picture down to a square format, to give my buyers on Fine Art America a choice of sorts.

There's an autumnal feel to it, isn't there? Well, the weather around here feels pretty autumnal right now. Happy fall everybody!

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.