Monday, February 25, 2019

Abstracts anywhere . . .


There is such beauty and such simplicity in the spiral form but I think we tend to not notice it. So here are two that I did notice . . .

I was tearing waxed paper and loved how bits of it curled into elegant spirals. And through a macro lens, we can see the fuzzy edges along the torn sides. A fuzzy spiral. Who knew?

The blue spiral below was part of something I found at an architectural salvage store in Oregon. In this case, it conjures up (for me) visions of curling ocean waves making their way to shore.

Spirals. They are everywhere if we just slow down enough to notice.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.