Thursday, January 29, 2015

iPhone Photo of the Day



A cool aspect of the iPhone is being able to have an idea for a post, shoot a couple images for it, and then have it online relatively quickly.

For example, I have an "idea book," a Moleskine notebook where I might sketch out a potential photomontage composition, or where I'll keep quotes I find meaningful, or where I'll glue pictures or drawings for future reference, color combinations I find appealing, for instance.

The first photo you see here is a sample of what a couple of pages in my book look like.

But what I want to point out is the second photo, which is a crude drawing of an idea I had. And then in the third photo you can see the final result. Did I refer to my sketch as I made the photomontage? No. But apparently it was subliminally in my mind all along, because when I came across this sketch the other day, I didn't even remember drawing it. But over the years, as I've paged through this book, it must have registered in my brain, settled in like a little seed, and popped up when the time was right.

What's this got to do with my cellphone photography? It was just so cool to sit here at my desk this morning, put the idea book in front of me, take a couple of shots, frame them in Photoshop, and present them here to show you a little bit of what I do. Artistic? Nope. But fun and useful? Yup.

©Carol Leigh

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!