Tuesday, January 27, 2015

iPhone Photo of the Day

I'm of an age and a generation of photographers who remember "enhancing filters." The first time I looked at a scene through an enhancing filter I began hyperventilating. Look at those colors! Especially the pinks and reds and oranges. I used that damned thing on EVERYthing! The result was a lot of horribly magenta-colored sidewalks and tree trunks and overly-saturated colors that looked absolutely barfy.

Well, today with the iPhone and with an app called "Brushstroke," I'm doing it again. And by now I'm old enough to know better! But you know what? Better to have unbridled enthusiasm than to have it and tamp it down.

So here we go. Here's what I did to an iPhone photo of a paintbrush that I subsequently tweaked using Brushstroke. And I kinda like it. At least I do today! Check back in another 30 years!

©Carol Leigh

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!