Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What I'm Working On: Feeding FAA






I had a good year with Fine Art America in 2014, selling twice as many pictures and making more than twice the money I made in 2013. I earned enough to travel to Kyoto and take a photo workshop there (plus purchase a bunch of old books and new decorative papers).

I want to continue earning money through them, and so I continue to upload photos. I've got 1,240 images with Fine Art America so far and, since having THEM do the marketing, not me, is incredibly appealing, I continue prepping and uploading pictures.

My routine (such as it is) is to rise early (sometimes as early as 3:30 or 4:00 a.m.) and work on photos in general. I may be creating a photomontage or simply looking through my files, and whenever I create something I think might be salable, I title, describe, and keyword the image in Photoshop and upload it to FAA, where my title, description, and keywords automatically fill their boxes, and then I get on with my day.

My goal is to make $1000 or more a month at FAA, and I’m happy to say I’m getting close, very close! This past Monday was particularly good — FAA sold six of my photos (the ones you see here) in one day! Woo hoo!

©Carol Leigh

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!