Saturday, April 30, 2016

Something old, something new

Once again, rummaging through old photographs and seeing them with new eyes, new skills, new ideas, new experiments.

I found this clematis photo, taken in April of 2009 at the Oregon Coast Garden Center. (Loved that place. So sorry to see it close a few years ago.)

I knew I wanted my original photograph less vibrant, paler pink than it was originally, and so began experimenting with layers, masks, toning, painterly effects, etc. I wanted it painterly, but not too painterly, if that makes any sense.

I'm pleased, this morning, with the result.

April and May, my two favorite months in the Pacific Northwest. Followed closely by September and October. Wishing you cool breezes, fresh air, and lovely flowers.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!