Saturday, September 25, 2010

Last car show of the year ...



The "Cruzin' for Crab" car show took place today in Waldport, probably the last car show of the season around here as the weather begins to turn. I visited it twice. First thing this morning it was way too sunny (hard to believe, I know), but I did what I could. When the fog began rolling in in the afternoon, I went back to work it again under better lighting conditions.

I try always to look for something a bit different, and this time, instead of looking AT the cars, I looked for reflections of light, how a brightly colored car would reflect its light onto the one next to it. So after taking a straight shot of a headlamp (first photo), I then concentrated on how a yellow car reflected right onto a black one (second photo), and then how a yellow car hit the chrome on a white Oldsmobile Delta 88 (third photo).

Gotta say, photographing at car shows is one of my more favorite ways to spend time. But then I also enjoy shooting bits of trains, architectural detail, cats, flowers, oil cans, fishing nets, skyscrapers, shadows, hot air balloons, boats, buoys, and, every 20 years or so, even slime eels.

Hope your weekend is progressing as well as mine. ©Carol Leigh