Friday, September 12, 2014

Gotta love technology...

I'm calling Verizon, trying to cancel my deceased father's phone and internet service. Armed with a phone number and his account number, I call Verizon, where I encounter a "phone tree" of epic proportions. After establishing and pressing the number of the option I wish, I am given further options. Then they ask for my father's PIN number.

If I could communicate with the dead and retrieve it from Dad, I would, but that option is not available.

So then I press a variety of numbers and am pleasantly told someone will help me. Whereupon I am asked to enter Dad's account number and PIN number.

Once again I am assured that someone will be able to help me and (gasp!) I hear a phone ringing. And I receive a message saying "our offices are closed right now . . ."

Dad is dead and I guess I'm the one in hell . . .

Carol Leigh