Sunday, December 14, 2014

Latest works . . .

For the past few months I've been experimenting making monoprints -- laying paint down on a gel plate, putting a piece of paper over it, smoothing it out, then pulling the paper up. It's fun, and the cool thing is that I can then use the paper in physical collages or I can shoot the paper and use it in photomontages as you see here.

I made all of these specifically to offer as throw pillows on Fine Art America. I think using your own art and seeing it as a home decor/designer element is more than cool. And apparently lots of others think so, too, because they're selling well. Each image I have on FAA (over 1200 now) can be made into a throw pillow. (I've spent way too much time simply clicking on my pictures, then clicking the throw-pillow option just to see how they look! Some don't work at all, but mostly they do, and some even look better as pillows!)

To show you what I mean, here's a picture and then an image of how it looks as a pillow. Fun stuff! ©Carol Leigh