Wednesday, January 4, 2017

This year . . .

This is a sample page from my artist's journal, a page I made a number of years ago. You may not be able to read my handwriting, so here's what it says:

Ahem . . . You aren't paying attention. You have all these ideas that you collect, that you write down, that you illustrate, but you rarely go back and follow up. Are you a dreamer or a do-er?

My years-ago writing holds true today. I never feel I'm doing enough, but I have hundreds of ideas for what I think I want to do.

Since moving to Whidbey Island, however, I'm actually making a lot of art.

So in my next post, I'll talk about what what I've made, and what I'm currently working on. And don't think that doesn't make me uncomfortable!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.