Wednesday, November 28, 2018

My first sale . . .

This is the first picture I sold at Fine Art America, back in 2012. It's a mixed-media piece, a combination of various old Japanese papers.

I didn't know if it would sell, since it's rather different. But being different has made all the difference! This is the type of image I enjoy creating, that makes me feel I'm finally an "artist," something that photography rarely gave me.

So I continue to create what I love, then upload it to FAA, and go on to the next. Although a number of my "straight" photographs do sell, it's mostly my mixed-media collages and photomontages that people are attracted to.

What "straight" photographs sell? That's a subject for another post.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.