Sunday, September 6, 2015

Latest work: "Moon Colors"


Lately I've just been playing. Rummaging through my photos, seeing what happens when I do this, when I do that. The more I think of creating images as "play" rather than serious art, the more relaxed I am and the more open I am to just experimenting.

And what's really important is that there's no feeling of "failure."

If what I've made doesn't excite me, no matter. I just move on to trying more things, no planning aforethought.

I'm delighted with these colors, the overall vibrance. They are from a monoprint I made as well as pages from an antique Japanese book. The full-frame image looked good, so I also cropped it to a square so I could offer both versions to Fine Art America.

Wishing you a day of play today, no matter what you do.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!