Thursday, December 1, 2016

December is here . . . already

Everybody's gonna be saying it: "December already? This year's gone by so fast!"

So I won't say it.

The Winter Solstice is coming up. I was reading about it, what people do to celebrate it. And a lot of it has to do with contemplation, quiet, and simplicity.

The irony was that so many of the websites I visited to research Winter Solstice were packed with ads, encouraging me to simplify by purchasing books about simplification. Ads that blinked, changed colors, jiggled up and down, desperately wanting my attention so I would buy their products.

"Please, Carol, buy more so you can simplify your life!"

But what if I have no more room in my bookcases for yet another book? Well, then, there are links to Ikea, where I apparently have a huge selection of bookcases to choose from. Yes, maybe another bookcase will simplify my life!

But what if I have no space in my house for one more bookcase? Well, there are hundreds of DIY books all about home additions. Obviously I'll need some power tools. . .

Gotta love this Winter Solstice holiday. I'm going to relax, contemplate, and simplify. But first, I have some major shopping to do . . .

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.