Thursday, October 30, 2014

Latest work: "Professor Starr"

I don't even know where to begin describing this faux postcard. I created a physical collage and then used bits and pieces of it here. I added torn papers, stamps, rubber stamps, labels, cancellation marks, and more for the final piece.

What I love about making these postcards is how I can use items that are in my personal collections, photograph them, print them, glue them, scribble on them, on and on, and then come up with some strangely appealing final picture.

I especially want to thank those of you who have been sending me weird stamps, papers, washers, foreign currency, and more over the years to add to my collection of rusty, torn, bent, folded, mutilated and unusual exotica! You know just what a gal wants! ©Carol Leigh

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!