Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I got mail!







It's so cool when someone takes the time to send me something they think I can use in my art, and over the years wonderful things have been added to my stash. Here's what I received last week.

Japanese stamps from Patty Hammond. Jim and Patty attended my Oregon Coast Photo Workshop a number of years ago and Jim has taken my macro class. Jim's art can be found on Fine Art America, where he's getting started uploading images.

The rest of the items pictured here are just a part of what Janet and Ira Gelfman sent. They're simplifying their life, getting rid of extraneous stuff, and they generously and kindly sent me a LOT of things they think I can use.

All these dice came in a plain cotton pouch and vary in size, color, and shape. Chris and I are doing some assemblage art and a die or two or three might just come in handy.

Janet's grandmother sent her a bunch of envelope liners from the 1920s or 1930s, which I'll definitely be using in various collages.

And postcards! Postcards from an apparently well-traveled aunt.

She also tucked in a pouch of sea glass, some of which have been rounded and drilled to form primitive-looking buttons. Woof!

A cool-looking bottle, some old jacks, and lots more were in the box.

I'm overwhelmed by Patty, Janet, and Ira's generosity and thoughtfulness. Now the pressure's on to do something wonderful with all this. Yikes!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.