Sunday, November 27, 2016

Clean and simple

Rummaging around in old photographs, I came across this one that had been mis-filed. (Yeah, like my filing system is so fine-tuned!) And it took me aback.

It's a really good shot!

I wasn't taken aback because it was good; I was surprised I hadn't done anything with it. So I began working on it.

The dark blue fishing net behind the buoy really sets it off, and I like how the rope stands out. Even the little knot of rope at the bottom of the buoy is kind of cool.

Overall a clean, simple, pleasing little photograph. Patiently waiting over the years to be discovered.

And aren't we all?

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.