Monday, April 29, 2019

Front yard, back yard, down the street . . .




There's always so much to shoot in and around our friends' house in San Diego that I never get bored. And last month's visit was no exception.

This ranunculus, gleaming pink in shady light, was right there on the front porch, screaming to be photographed.

And on the wall just above it, a rustic straw wreath featured a cute little bunny face peeking out.

I wandered around the back yard and found a wonky wooden birdhouse (that nicely echoes the colors of the bunny wreath). My friend was aghast that they hadn't "fixed" the birdhouse before our arrival; I was so happy they hadn't!

And then up the street I found some decorative tilework on a stucco wall that I liked for its combination of warm/cold colors and for its simplicity.

So much to see if we just look a little closer!

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.