Monday, April 22, 2019

Overheard at the airport . . .

These lovely young women sat down, took out their devices, and began talking to one another.

Verbatim:

"I'm, like, literally in there now!"
"I, like, opened it yesterday?"
"I, like, purposely downloaded everything?"
"This is, like, April 22nd?"

I know I'm growing older. Much older. And I majored in English. And yet, and yet . . . I have a difficult time respecting anyone, no matter how intelligent they are, who speaks like this.

I, like, had to totally ignore them? SMH.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.