Thursday, February 26, 2015

Abstracts anywhere . . .




While waiting for the elevator to reach the lobby, I spotted these two chairs. I had my cellphone in my pocket, so . . .

I moved in closer and had time to grab a few abstract images, all of which were processed with Snapseed.

I like the golden tones; I like the way the shadow forms a triangle in the second picture; and I like the graphic forms and will probably use them as collage compositions.

As standalone photos are they good? I don't think so. There's not enough depth of field in the second one and the rows of upholstery tacks, although a cool glittery gold, are kind of wonky. But as grab shots? As something to create while waiting for something mundane? Quite satisfying, thank you!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!