Thursday, February 19, 2015

ROYGBIV: ORANGE!




A friend of mine was thinking about making throw pillows, pillows that would have her photographs on them. She found it interesting how many of her pictures incorporated the color orange, a color she doesn't have in her house.

Take a look at your own work. Are you finding that, unbeknownst to you, there's a lot of orange in it?

Here you see a tree I photographed in Virginia during one of my trips back there to try to help out my dad. And then a photomontage I made of pictures I'd taken of various papers -- painted and otherwise. And finally a bright orange Chevrolet. I mean REALLY bright!

And now on to yellow . . . a color that doesn't show up really well on a bright white background such as this. Unless you highlight it, of course . . .

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!