Wednesday, February 18, 2015

ROYGBIV: RED!




The colors of the rainbow can be remembered by the acronym ROYGBIV . . . And there used to be a gallery in Palm Springs eons ago called Roy G. Biv . . . clever. Don't know if the gallery is still there, but the rainbow colors of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet will always be with us.

I'm heading off to Virginia for my father's funeral, a funeral with full military honors at Arlington National Cemetery where I believe bugles will bugle, horses will prance, caissons will roll, and guns will be fired. My father would have loved seeing it! Family will be gathering, which my mother would have loved. Temperatures will be in the teens, which none of us will love!

So as the colors fly in Virginia, I leave you with a few days of colors here, the colors of the rainbow, beginning with, obviously, RED.

Here are my photos of the flaming red on an old Chevy, a bright red building in downtown Portland, and the hull of a fishing boat in Newport, Oregon, loaded with crab pots in anticipation of a good catch.

And tomorrow's color? All together now: ORANGE!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!