Wednesday, February 11, 2015

iPhone Photo of the Day





I bought an app for my iPhone called "Slow Shutter Cam" and have been playing around with it.

My friend CJ showed me some cool abstract photos someone had taken of colored papers, which inspired me to try something similar. The first thing I spied was the cover of "Consumer Reports" magazine. Using the Slow Shutter Cam app, I created the first photo you see here. (I'm also including a picture of part of the magazine's front cover so you can see what I started with.)

I kind of liked the tall, slender photo, but then decided to chop it up into two separate images.

Those are pretty neat, so then I decided to make a diptych, putting both photos in the same frame.

And there you have it, what I've been doing lately using the iPhone, trying to be a bit more creative with it.

The photos are TINY however! Just a couple inches in size. If I want to make prints, or if I want to submit iPhone photos to Fine Art America, the small size of iPhone photos doesn't allow me to do that. If anyone knows of a way to "biggify" iPhone photos without them pixelating themselves to death, I'd love to hear about it.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!