Thursday, February 5, 2015

Abstracts anywhere . . .

While walking down a back alley in Tucson, Arizona, there was this glorious fence made from galvanized metal. I liked how the bits and pieces came together, some a warm rusty color and others a sunwashed blue.

Not only did I enjoy the moment, the act of creating a variety of abstract photographs, but I knew that later, when I got home, I would use these same abstract images to make a number of physical collages.

And that's my next art assignment when I return home -- create collages made from my photographic inspirations.

We are on Whidbey Island visiting friends. My only camera is the cellphone . . . yikes! We'll see how this goes . . . Scary not to have the big guns with me.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!