Tuesday, February 10, 2015

What I'm Working On . . . Envelopes


Today I finished a handmade envelope/collage and it was fun! Here's what the original looks like and then, for Fine Art America, I also converted it to a square. I have two versions of the same image to offer there.

This image is now in the computer and so I just might go back to it and make it a photomontage, adding more and more things until I declare it finished. But as a standalone collage, I like it. I especially like how the bit of paper in the upper right (which is a piece of paper from a ledger book that I dipped in calligraphy ink just to see what it would look like) is echoed in the lower left, and how both of them sort of imply a postage stamp.

The bit of bluish paper is yet another snippet of ledger paper that I painted a bluish-indigo color, again, just to see what it would look like.

And that's what I'm currently working on -- collaged envelopes. Some people are working on a cure for cancer, I'm tearing paper and gluing it down...

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!