Monday, August 3, 2015

Latest work: "At the Gate"

These days I'm finding myself combining bits and pieces of old photomontages and making completely new images such as this. Because every aspect of this piece comes from something else, and that "something else" is composed of all sorts of other things, I officially don't know what any of the "building blocks" are nor where they came from any more.

I do know that part of this is torn rice paper onto which I'd printed an old photomontage. There are some vintage Japanese papers (naturally) in there, and the yellow vertical things on the bottom are from a "work in progress" image that never really went anywhere. That's about it!

©Carol Leigh
 All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!