Thursday, August 27, 2015

It's a good day to . . .

... get down and dirty!

At last, thanks to Chris, I have some space where I can lay out paper(s) and make things. As I unpack boxes, it's like seeing old friends again. All my monoprints. Ooh, the PVA glue! Reams of white paper just waiting for something to happen. I still haven't found my brushes, nor my brayers, X-acto knives, but slowly things are appearing and space is being made.

Walls and doors have to be built/installed. Things need to be painted. More shelves have to go up. But at least, right here and now, I have a big, L-shaped counter to work on, with a LOT of room to spread things out. Ah, the little things that make me happy.

So yesterday I pulled a few papers and glued a few things. And this morning I tried some other techniques and actually got my hands dirty. Shades of Lady MacBeth, I cringe at getting my hands dirty. But this morning, it felt really, really good!

Wishing you a day of dirty hands (and plenty of soap, water, and paper towels at the ready).

 ©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!