Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Same shot, different color


This began as a photomontage incorporating a variety of pictures of peeling paint and some paint splattered on concrete, to which I added little circles and other elements. So the "bones" of both photos are the same.

What makes them different is the color of the final layer of texture. One texture was grey and the other purple.

Each color brings out certain things in the background elements and I ended up liking them both.

Two-faced, double-sided Gemini that I am, I'm drawn both to ultra-subdued images as well as brightly colored ones. So the day I created these was a happy little day for me. Or was it . . .

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!