Saturday, November 14, 2015

What I saw . . . What I made


I found all these metal tubs in a boat yard in Oregon and the first thing that caught my eye was the repeating pattern all the stacked "edges" made.

But what I really liked were the handles. It's one thing to have a repeating pattern, it's another to have a focal point or a design of some sort.

So I found three (rule of thirds, don't you know!) handles that were sort of bunched together and that's what I focused on.

As you can see from the overview photo, the light was harsh. If I were to do this again, I might also concentrate on incorporating some handle shadows as a subject.

See the bottom-most tubs? See how the shadows hang down against the smooth surface? There are some photos to be made there, too.

Oh, sure . . . the moment I move away from Oregon I find something I should have shot when I lived there! Typical.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!