Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Just pick the best one and shut up!


Here's a photomontage I created back in July. I uploaded the first version to Fine Art America. Although I created them both at the same time, I decided not to upload the second one.

Why? I'm leery of uploading two or more of the same image. I see other photographers do this all the time, though. "Here it is in sepia. Here it is in black and white. Here it is with a soft effect. Here it is in HDR." Makes me crazy. Just pick the best one and shut up!

And now, here I am, doing what others have done, doing what I swore I would not do. I have two different versions. I like both of them very much. When I uploaded the top one, I thought it might be more marketable because the colors are neutral and subdued.

But this morning, when I came across the second version, it made me feel happy. It was lighter and brighter and I liked the traces of turquoise up toward the top that really came through.

So, sigh, I uploaded it today.

Maybe because the uploads were three months apart, no one will remember the first one ...

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!