Thursday, October 8, 2015

Latest work: "Planetary Celebration"

Yesterday wasn't the best of days. The guys didn't show up to work in the studio, all the news headlines were negative, dark and scary, and for the past couple days I've been creating absolutely nothing new. Grrrrrrr . . .

So, as usual, I began looking at photos I've taken, mixing this with that, wondering "what if," and finally something looked promising.

Chris came in to see what I was doing and I was showing him the version you see below (which I took by pointing my iPhone at my computer screen). I was telling him the top middle portion looked too magenta to me and so began playing with hue/saturation sliders in Photoshop. And all of a sudden the colors went wacko and I liked them!

Here's the "before" image:

I liked the variety of blues, the warm browns down at the bottom. The vibrant colors I created just after this, however, lightened my heart, made me smile, and all of a sudden I could forget the world's going to hell, that lately I don't seem to have a creative bone in my body, and that the studio has been delayed a day.

So there you have it. A description of an afternoon with a madwoman! With a fun and lighthearted result.

May your heart be lighter today, too.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!