Thursday, October 15, 2015

Studio update (panorama) . . .


The studio is being built in our garage. The house has a 2.5-car garage, each space with its own big garage door. We had a wall built between the garage door on the left side and my studio on the right. What you’re seeing is the view from outside the right-hand garage door into the 1.5-car space that will be the studio (B). (Click the photo to see it much larger.)

The small door in back (A) leads into the rest of the entire garage and then there’s a door that leads directly into the house. No need to go outside to get into the studio. I just walk downstairs, into the garage, and then through the door into the studio space.

Over to the right (C) is an L-shaped counter with shelving underneath for supplies. All this came with the house.

Underneath the tarp (D) is a tall set of shelves that also came with the house. Those shelves turn the L-shaped workspace into a big U-shaped space. Nice!

The back wall (E) will probably contain an apothecary-ish multi-drawered cabinet as well as two storage cabinets.

The side wall (F), the wall that separates my studio space from the space for the car, will have three lateral files (G) backed up against it. Those lateral files will give me a lot of flat surfaces to put things on as I’m working on them. I may also set up a photo “shooting station” there. We shall see.

So there you have it, my studio in the rough. It’s not pretty but it’s utilitarian. It’s a BIG space for me to work in. My expectations for my work are also BIG. So it’s scary! I have a lot to live up to. But it’s going to be FUN!

I have never had anything like this, and I am humbled. Thanks to Chris for pushing this project forward, for doing this final coat of paint, for moving boxes from one side of the garage to the other and back again. And for loving me so much that he does this just because he can.

No pictures for awhile until things are pretty much in place. Sorry for boring you with what’s been going on, but I know that there are a number of you who are really interested in all this. Woo hoo!


©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!