Saturday, January 6, 2018

Latest work: "Dancing"

Just because I could... Trying to shake things up a bit, so I rummaged through my photos and began putting together a photomontage without overthinking it. No real thought, just doing. And this is the result. It's completely different from anything I've ever made, and I'm still wondering about it.

I used pictures of a building in Portland, Oregon's industrial district (the brickwork), a mannequin that was standing on a loading platform (Portland again), a portion of a vintage postcard that depicted Long Beach, California (the "dancing" sign), graffiti arrows, a parking sign from Cambridge, England, and I don't remember now where the star thingy came from.

Interested in feedback, if you care to comment.

©Carol Leigh 
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.