Friday, February 20, 2015

ROYGBIV: YELLOW!




Such a happy, bright color! Makes me smile just to see it. Here are three of my photos depicting the color yellow, and in each of them I used a pretty blue, which sets off the yellow quite well.

The yellow flower looks good combined with a bright blue background. The "Y" on a fishing boat looks good, too, combined with a scratched blue background. And then there's the photo of homes on a street in Tucson, Arizona, where I (in my extremely early years of Photoshop Elements) made the sky particularly blue. A very fakey blue to my eyes now. Come to think of it, the yellow's pretty fakey, too, isn't it? Oversaturated? Oh, yes, but ah, well.

Looking forward to the next post, GREEN!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!