Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Photoshop refresher

I haven't used Photoshop in two weeks. No montages, no general tweaking, nothing. And so when I sat down to actually make something this morning, I felt as if all my PS skills (such as they are) had been drained from my brain. This ever happen to you?

I use Photoshop in one form or another every day. Every day. Step away from the computer for two measly weeks and it's like I'm starting all over again. And what to make? Nothing! No ideas! Uh-oh!

So I began with this letter "Y" that I photographed on an old bus in North Carolina (the famed "truck dump" that J, J, and G always talk about). The bus said (get this) "Yankee" on the side! No wonder it ended up at the dump . . .

So I combined the photo with a photo of metal shot in Oregon, put in some photos of rivets here and there, and came up with this piece. It's a start. Whittling away at this big chunk of artist's block. ©Carol Leigh