Tuesday, October 4, 2016

End of summer (for Jim H.)



For Jim H: You and I have been talking about Topaz's various filters/effects. Here's something I did this morning.

The first photo is my original photograph.

In the second photo, I made a duplicate layer, went to Topaz Impression 1 (Impression 2 is way too slow for my Mac Mini, which has 16GB memory and is maxed out so I can't add any more.) I selected an effect and then, using a layer mask, let the original photo show through just in the center.

Then in the third photo, I applied a Topaz Texture to photo #2. Again, I kept the center relatively sharp by using a layer mask.

Hope this makes sense. Have fun playing around!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh.