Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Daily Photo: 20190123 Golden Leaf on Red Paper

I began this picture this morning and it's taken me most of the day to finish it. Man, oh, man. Sometimes they come together so quickly, other times, well, not so much.

I collected and dried a number of these leaves last fall, put them in a heavy book, then took them out today. Most of them broke -- so delicate.

I combined the leaf with some bright red paper, added a hand-scribbled Enso circle, and a Japanese signature from an antique book I got in Kyoto.

It's done. It's uploaded to Fine Art America, and it's my Daily Photo. I do believe it may be time for a Cuba Libre!

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.