Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Daily Photo 20190128: Dried rose

I've purposely been drying some roses, but I did it all wrong. I just left them in the vase over time, and the flowers all slumped over, doing a huge U-turn at the top of the stem, and ended up facing downward.

I should have removed them from the vase when they were still viable, and hung them upside-down.

These flowers look all squished together and face the wrong way. I tried de-squishing the centers, but that wasn't successful, either.

I ended up photographing an individual rose "face" using my cellphone, then tweaked it in Snapseed, and this is as good as I could get.

Lesson learned. I shall get more roses and do things "right" next time. Heavy sigh.

All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.