Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Daily dose of three


At the Pima Air Museum in Tucson, Arizona, they have some buildings with stylized numbers on them. The structures are painted a rather monochromatic grey, but the numbers, the graphics, are very bold. So in my quest to post a picture of the number “3” every day, I came across this one.





The bottom photo is what I saw. The top photo is what I made.

As you can see, the sky that day was grey (echoing the overall look of the building), so I made it blue. And then I used a picture I took of a torn piece of paper, combined it with the building, enhanced the color a bit, and came up with this. I like the complementary colors of blue and orange; I also like all the straight, severe lines and the contrasting curves of the number “3.”

If you ever have the pleasure of visiting the Pima Air Museum, take a look at the buildings that are off to your left as you go outside. Very cool numbers to be had there!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!