Monday, March 7, 2016

Three on the seventh




This “post a #3 picture every day in March” exercise has proven challenging, which is good. I’ve been looking at images I created years ago, seeing them in a slightly different way, and have been encouraged to make a few changes.

Here’s an example.

I originally created the second image in 2009. At the time, I liked the sort of dark, understated look. Today, I think it’s kind of dull. So I altered it using some Topaz effects, which you see in the first picture.

To show you what the photomontage is made of, I also include here a picture of the original “3,” which was on the side of a fishing boat in Oregon. To that image, I added a picture of some painted brush strokes and dots I’d made in the studio, a scribble of sorts that I thought I could use in a montage some day. That’s it.

I find the brighter “3” photomontage more appealing than the original. Am I in love with it? Shall I offer it for sale on Fine Art America? Nah. I think it’s kind of interesting, and it works well for this “3” project, but as a standalone image? I don’t think so. Today.

I hope you’re finding my “3” postings interesting. I’m trying to give you a peek into my thought processes, my technical processes, rather than just grabbing a “3” from my files and moving on.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!